Sunday, February 8, 2009

Prayers Answered.

Our Father in Heaven answers prayers! For the past several months we have been praying for Tara to find employment as a Phlebotomist. She completed the training program in late August through The Phlebotomy Learning Center of Denver. She worked a temporary job on October 8 at the CSU Annual Health Screening and volunteered as a Phlebotomist at the 9Health Fair in Denver on October 18. After applying for over 40 different jobs she had only had four job interviews, two of which were over the telephone.

The first interview was on November 14 with Mrs. Muelller at Longmont United. The interview itself was an answer to our prayers. We were hopeful she would be extended a job offer; however, that was not the case. Her forth interview on December 30, 2008 with Mr. Smoot at the Greeley Medical Clinic. As part of the interview, Tara signed some paperwork for the Clinic to do a background check on her. After some encouragement from us, Tara sent a letter the next day thanking Mr. Smoot for the opportunity to tour the clinic and answer his questions.

Tara was getting discourage. It was hard to be told 'you have not been selected at this time' over and over again. At our suggestion, she took the National Phlebotomy Exam on January 10. This would allow her to get a job somewhere besides Colorado. Perhaps she could get a job in another state where family was located: California, Utah, Nebraska, Nevada or Arizona. She passed the practical part of the exam with flying colors. However, the results of the written portion won't be available until sometime in March. She had quit her job as the cashier at Lorenzo's Italian Deli so she could focus on getting a Phlebotomy job. Since she had so much time on her hands, she enrolled in a two week long, eight hours per day, five days a week Certified Nursing Assistant course through the community college. Classes began on January 20th.

Tara was in a single car accident sometime in the early morning on January 15, 2009. Even though her Tiburon was a total loss, Tara was not injured and neither was anyone else - just her car. Tara was feeling very discouraged. She had quit her old job, couldn't find a new job, and now she didn't have a car and she still owed money on it! While Tara and I were taking care of things regarding her car accident, Quinn called my cell phone. He wanted to tell me that Deb from Greeley Medical Clinic phoned the house to talk with Tara and she needed to return Deb's call before 5 o'clock. However, I was busy talking with the gentleman at the collision repair shop about the car, so I told Quinn I would call him back later.

After that stressful day, Tara wanted to hang out with her friend, Shea. While waiting for Shea to return home, Tara and I sat in my car having a little heart-to-heart chat. I was trying to do all I could to reassure Tara that the accident was just a little hiccup in the road of life and that we still loved her and Jesus did, too. Of course, she felt like her entire life had been one big hiccup. So, I reminded her of the poem Footprints in the Sand by Mary Stevenson and told her that the Savior was carrying her through this difficult time. About this time (4:45pm), I had the distinct impression to return Quinn's phone call. Just imagine how trilled both Tara and I were when she learned she needed to call Greeley Medical Clinic before 5 o'clock.

Tara was offered a job as a Phlebotomist/Receptionist at Greeley Medical Clinic. She needed to pass a urine analysis the following day and the job started on January 20. After the test was completed, I took her shopping to buy her several different scrub uniforms. Of course, she didn't need to take the Certified Nursing Assistant course at the community college, so she withdrew from the class. After all, that was just something to do to keep her busy until she found a job. Tara willingly posed for a picture in her new scrubs. She will be an awesome phlebotomist! My heart is filled with gratitude that Heavenly Father answered our prayers.

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! Ryan gave me updates everytime he learned anything new about the situation and my heart went out to Tara. I can't even imagine how difficult that must have been. I'm so glad she was able to find a good job. I'm sure she's doing great!!

    ReplyDelete